Missionary Jobs in Africa: Orphan Care Assistant
This missionary job in Africa is no longer available at this time. Please check our website for volunteer positions.
What are missionary jobs in Africa?
Our missionary jobs in Africa: Assistant Orphanage Manager and others are jobs available to local Africans in the communities where we are serving. These jobs pay small salaries of about $50/month and help to get local people involved in poverty alleviation in their communities.
WHAT IS YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION?
Candidates join a team of other holders of our missionary jobs in Africa. The team duties are the following:
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Transform orphans’ lives by recruiting, orienting, supporting, coaching, and sending them to school.
- Ensure that the orphan bases are running properly.
- Ensure that children in kinship families are doing well.
- Ensure that children at our local school are doing well.
- Ensure that all children in foster homes are well cared for.
- Ensure that all foster parents have been counseled and supported to care for orphans.
- Counsel guardians / relatives of orphans and inform them of expectations.
- Write reports and take photos that will be sent to our U.S team for dissemination to partners.
- Ensure that only qualified orphans are selected for sponsorship.
- Assist in organizing biannual Foster Parent Education Conferences.
- Supervise the care of orphans at the orphanage.
- Assist in organizing biannual Relatives Conference.
- You must be very good at handling change.
- You must be very flexible. While caring for orphans, plans can change without notice. Candidates need to feel comfortable handling change.
- Must have at least a high school diploma.
- Must be a Christian.
Apply for this position Africa