Missionary Jobs in Africa : Assistant Orphanage Manager
Job Title: Assistant Orphanage Manager
Consults with: Program Managers, assistant Program managers, and Country Program Director.
Department/Group: Orphan Care Management
Reports to: International Director In Austin Texas.
Location: Batibo town, Batibo Subdivision, Momo Division, NW Province, Cameroon, Africa
Is Travel Required: Yes.
Benefits: Please see benefits at the bottom of the page.
Position Type: Full-time, Monday to Friday, 8hrs / day. 40hrs per week.
HR Contact: Kenneth
Recruitment begins: Rolling basis.
Posting Expires: Ongoing
Required Training: If accepted, you will be required to receive training in Austin, Texas or Batibo, Cameroon before you start work.
Term of Employment: At Least One Year. Renewable on a yearly basis.
Application Online: Apply Now
Or by mail:
P.O. Box 200700
Austin, Texas 78720-0700
Transform the lives of orphans from homelessness/hopelessness/poverty/exploitation to children who are successful in school, filled with hope; by supervising the recruitment of qualified abandoned orphans from the villages, and putting them into one of our three programs, and providing counseling, meeting needs, and sponsorship
Note: Training is provided in the US and on the job.
With training, this staff will work with the Manager to do the following duties.
•Supervise the care of orphans at the orphanage.
•Maintains orphanage staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Transform children’s lives by recruiting, orienting, supporting, coaching, and sending them to school.
• Manage the orphanage’s finances: Oversee all expenditures and receipts of money.
• Counsel guardians / relatives of orphans and inform them of expectations.
• Write reports and take photos that will be sent to our U.S team for dissemination to partners.
• Ensure that only qualified orphans are selected for sponsorship.
• Assist in organizing biannual Relatives Conference.
• Must be able to communicate well in English. Strong sense of customer service. Good organizational skills. Experience with children is helpful but not required.
• Must be highly motivated by a desired to serve the poor and to see lives transformed.
• A high school diploma, its equivalent or higher is required for this position. For this job, passion, a heart for the poor, commitment to serving the poor are more important than the level of education as long as you have at least a high school diploma.
Apply for this position Africa